San Pedro HVAC: Air Conditioning Preventive Maintenance
If you maintain your air conditioning system, you will not only save money from your energy bills but you can also extend the lifespan of your HVAC. In order to ensure the maximum operating efficiency of your AC, your air conditioner needs regular preventative maintenance at least once a year. Your HVAC system helps you feel comfortable by regulating the temperature inside your home. We are all relying to our HVAC system that much so we need to be concerned to ensure that it is always functioning and well-maintained so as not to compromise our comfort and safety. In this article, we will help you identify if your air conditioning unit requires attention from the expertise and experience of a professional HVAC specialist like San Pedro HVAC Pros.
1. You have to check the thermostat. The thermostat is regarded as the command center of your AC that helps sets the temperature and ensures that your home is at its ideal temperature. Whenever you adjust your AC thermostat, it should be responsive, otherwise, you have to contact San Pedro HVAC Pros for help.
2. Your AC connections should be tight. The most common problem why your AC is not turning on is a loose or disconnected electrical connection. If ever your AC is not turning on, check all your electrical connections. If it does not turn on, you have to contact an HVAC specialist to help you out.
3. All moving parts of your AC should be lubricated. If the moving parts of your AC do not receive proper lubrication, they can result in tremendous wear and tear. It is important to shut off the entire unit completely if you are lubricating the moving parts of your AC. Doing so will help electrocution, and proper lubrication can extend the lifespan of your AC and ensures maximum functionality.
4. It is a must to check the AC condensation drain. You have checked the condensation drain for any debris that may clog your air conditioning unit causing a major damage.
5. Always perform deep cleaning of your air conditioning system. Regular cleaning must always be a part of your AC preventive maintenance. Dirt, and contaminants may cause build-up or accumulation which may interfere with your AC’s proper operation.
6. Don’t forget to inspect your air filters. You need to ensure that the airflow is not blocked so always clean dirty filters.
The major AC issues are usually manifested by strange odors and noises, which require the expertise of an HVAC professional like San Pedro HVAC Pros. You may check our homepage or website for more details about San Pedro HVAC Pros. We are committed, dedicated, and passionate in providing HVAC help when you need it.